Scholars will identify new goals and objectives for the Department of Entomology through their own University experience; sharing their knowledge of campus resources, spirit, and enthusiasm to fellow Aggies. The Scholars Society also offers an opportunity to peer mentor new students and assist in their transition to Texas A&M University.
- Enhance the Department of Entomology through recruitment and public relations efforts.
- Strong academic and strategic advising
- Creating community
- Unique academic opportunities
- Leadership development
- On-going program evaluation and assessment
Goals and Objectives:
- To facilitate the Department of Entomology recruitment and public relations efforts through written and oral correspondence, personal appearances, and campus activities.
- To communicate the scope of all academic majors and disciplines within the Department of Entomology to prospective students and their parents, teachers, and leaders.
- To provide prospective students a contact at Texas A&M University who cares and is available to assist with the transition from “prospective student” to “Aggie.”