For your graduate application file to be given the utmost consideration, you will need to submit the following items to the Office of Admissions for consideration:
- State of Texas Common Application for graduate students (www.applytexas.org);
- Non-refundable application processing fee (can be paid online with application);
- Statement of purpose (can be submitted online at www.applytexas.org);
- Official college transcript(s) in both English and original language (if other than English); certification of degree (for non-U.S. institutions);
- Official GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) scores and percentile rankings.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation with recommendation form (ideally, two of the three recommendation letters should come from faculty members related to your area of interest). Applicants should utilize the Application Information System (AIS) maintained by the Office of Admissions for submission of these letters. (It is highly recommended that applicants ask each of their recommenders to upload a formal .pdf letter of recommendation into this AIS system. The brevity of short comments into this form are typically not helpful in the application process).
You can send these documents to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
Space and resources for new graduate students are limited. It is vitally important that prospective students contact faculty early to establish communication, determine availability of funding, space, and willingness to advise and mentor you through the degree program. Applicants will not be admitted to either degree program until there is formal commitment by a faculty member(s) to serve as your major advisor/co-advisor.
For the best chance at the competitive university and college-wide fellowships, we strongly encourage early application and suggest that students have a completed graduate application on file with the department no later than January 1 for consideration for the summer/fall semester and to allow adequate time for processing of the application file.
- March 1st for the Summer semester
- June 1st for Fall semester, and
- November 1st for the Spring semester