Department of Entomology Strategic Plan
The Department of Entomology strives to be a network of faculty, staff, and students that creates a culture of excellence resulting in the Department being one of the pre-eminent entomological teaching, research, and extension organizations in the world.
The mission of the Department of Entomology is to “to create and implement knowledge that improves lives”. The primary strength is our collective expertise to address diverse questions that span across programmatic areas and affect most aspects of human endeavor.
- Offer academic programs that are relevant and effective in developing students’ lifelong learning skills.
- Enhance competitiveness and prosperity of urban and rural agricultural industries .
- Improve public health and well-being.
- Successfully recruit, retain, and promote faculty; increase overall budgets and improve infrastructure to sustain international reputation and to fulfill the Department’s mission and vision.
- Increase relevance and capacity of Texas Apiary Inspection Service (TAIS) to execute its regulatory functions.
- Increase and stabilize revenue sources for Texas IPM Program.
Texas A&M University Purpose Statement
As a member of Texas A&M University, our department adopts the Texas A&M University Purpose Statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. The Texas A&M purpose statement carries with it the responsibility, the traditions and the forward thinking of Texas A&M University exemplified by all who are associated with the university — its faculty and staff, and its current and former students. As Aggies, we strive toward this purpose by embodying the Texas A&M Core Values, which are naturally and by design at the core of everything we do.
- Selfless Service