These guidelines are for the three 4-H entomology contests that are held annually.
4-H Entomology Insect Identification Contest Guidelines
- Each level is responsible for all material listed for that level and all previous levels. For example, Intermediates are responsible for both Intermediate and Junior level material.
- Guide to Insect and Non-Insect Orders (no voice pronunciation) (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Study List of Common Insects in Texas (PDF printable version, 3.5 MB)
- 4-H Insect Identification Videos
Intermediate and Senior Levels Only
Additional Curriculum for Junior Level
Insect Collection Contest Guidelines and Videos
- Collection Guidelines – Updated for 2022 (PDF)
- Videos for 4-H Entomology Study
- Tips for Making a 4-H Entomology Insect Collection