- Sonja Swiger
- Associate Professor and Extension Specialist
- Program Website – Livestock Veterinary Entomology
- Texas A&M Entomology Department
- August 2010 Newsletter
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. Ph.D. Entomology; 2003 – 2007
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. MSc. Entomology; 2001 – 2003
- Bethany College, Bethany, WV. BS. Biology; 1997 – 2001
District-wide training / assistance in entomology for Texas AgriLife Extension District 8 County Extension Agents, Extension Agents – IPM and others. State-wide technical and program support for County Extension Agents, Extension Agents-IPM and others to plan, conduct and evaluate education programs in pest management of arthropods and diseases attacking livestock, companion animals and public health.
EXTENSION PROGRAM STATEMENT
The goal of the program is to increase adoption of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) among Texas livestock and dairy producers / owners. Provide reliable and up-to-date information on entomology as it relates to livestock, companion animal and public health for District 8 County Extension Agents, Extension Agents-IPM and other personnel of Texas needing this information. The general objectives of the program are to promote and demonstrate pest / disease detection and monitoring information into pest / management decisions, and to promote and demonstrate the use of IPM – compatible pest management tools such as cultural practices, biological control agents and selective pesticide control.
- Entomological Society of America
- Southwestern Branch Entomological Society of America – 2009-2012 Member, Awards Committee, Southwestern Branch Entomological Society of America
- North American Forensic Entomology Association
- Livestock Insects Workers Conference